Format: Audio CD
Produced by: Cathedral of Saint Joseph the Workman
The Cathedral Gallery Singers is comprised largely of talented volunteers; the musical backgrounds of its members vary widely.
In 1994, as part of a tour of Italy, the choir sang in Rome at the Basilicas of Saint Peter and Saint John Lateran and at the Church of Saint Ignatius; in Assisi they sang at the Basilica of Saint Francis.
In 1997 the choir went to Paris, and sang at Notre Dame Cathedral and at the Basilica of Saint Clothilde.
The director, Dr. Brian Luckner, has served at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph since 1988.
He is also Director of the La Crosse Diocesan Choir and Diocesan Chorale, and is adjunct faculty member at Viterbo University in La Crosse.
He is published by GIA Publications, Morning Star, Paraclete Press, Mark Foster and Trinitas.
Prior to his appointment in La Crosse. he was Assistant in Liturgical Music at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC.
- O Sing Joyfully [1:38] — Adrian Batten (1591-1637)
- Salve Regina [4:42] — Alfred Desenclos (1912-1971)
- O magnum mysterium [3:21] — Tomás Luis de Victoria (1549-1611)
- Ave Maria [5:24] — Josquin des Prez (c.1440-1521)
- Hosanna to the Son of David [2:19] — Orlando Gibbons (1583-1625)
- Beati quorum via [3:39] — Charles Villers Stanford (1852-1924)
- Tantum ergo [3:42] — Colin Mawby (b.1936)
- Ye Shall Have a Song [4:06] — Randall Thompson (1899-1984)
- Salvator mundi [2:48] — Thomas Tallis (c.1505-1585)
- Drop, Drop, Slow Tears [2:42] — Kenneth Leighton (1929-1988)
- There Is No Rose of Such Virtue [4:33] — Steven Sametz (b.1954)
- Gaudete [2:15] — Steven Sametz
- Ave Maria [2:27] — David Conte (b.1955)
- Ave verum corpus [6:06] — Imant Raminsh (b.1943)
- Ego sum panis vivus [3:24] — Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (c.1525-1594)
- The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me [3:53] — Brian Luckner (b.1959)
- My Soul, There Is a Country [4:04] — C. Hubert H. Parry (1848-1918)
Total Time 61:03
The Choir of the Cathedral of Saint Joseph the Worker:
- Carolyn Cavadini, Jill Darelius, Phyllis Duffrin, Marianne Holinka, Kimberly Hutchinson, Amy Johnson-Pierce, Danielle Luckner, Marisa Silbernagel, Michelle K. Skemp – sopranos
- Barbara Anderson-Smith, Lynn Biddick, Jennifer Burch, Elizabeth Curtis, Mary Dunn, Joyce Felsheim, Mary Beth Hensel, Denise Kachel, Virginia Larkin, Fern Schmaltz, Ruth Wettstein – altos
- Matthew Curtis, Sue Gilbert, Luke Harmon, Greg Schams, Ken Schelper – tenors
- Richard Gilbert, Daniel Johnson-Wilmot, Andrew Kroes, Jeffrey P. Kroes, Frederick McGovern, Christopher Narloch, Allen Pruitt, Carl Sandquist – basses
Brian Luckner, Director of Music and Organist
Organs by Möller (1962)
Their Sound Goes Forth was recorded in the sanctuary of the Cathedral of Saint Joseph the Workman, La Crosse, Wisconsin, in January 2006.
Order #: 9025