Format: Audio CD
Produced by: The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
This is a great keepsake for one of the most impressive liturgies during the Holy Father's visit to the United States.
The quality of this CD is extremely high, from the wonderful choice of music and its superb execution to the magnificent level of recording engineering.
The CD booklet contains color photos and the text of all recorded pieces.
The Choir of the Basilica is comprised of about twenty professional singers from the greater Washington metro area and sings for the Solemn Eucharist on Sundays and Solemnities.
The choir sings at about 100 liturgies and performances each season, and prepares about 300 works for them.
Solemn liturgies at the Shrine are broadcast on EWTN throughout the world.
The director is Dr. Peter Latona, assisted by Mr. Daniel Sañez.
- Laudibus in sanctis [Psalm 150] — William Byrd (1543-1623)
- Dum transisset Sabbatum [Mark 6:1-2] — John Taverner (c.1490-1545)
- Processional: Organ improvisation by Peter Latona (b.1968) // Tu es Petrus — Maurice Duruflé (1902-1986)
- Introductory Rites [Deus in adjutorium meum intende] — Gregorian chant
- Hymn: At the Lamb's High Feast — translation of Ad regias agni dapes Robert Campbell (1814-1868)
- First Psalm [Psalm 139-I] & Antiphon — antiphon setting: Peter Latona; psalm tone: Saint Meinrad Abbey
- Second Psalm [Psalm 139-II] & Antiphon — antiphon setting: Peter Latona; psalm tone: Lawrence Bevenot
- New Testament Canticle [Col 1:12-20] & Antiphon — antiphon setting: Peter Latona; psalm tone: A. Gregory Murray
- Reading [Hebrews 7:24-27]
- Responsory — Peter Latona
- Magnificat & Antiphon — Tomas Luis de Victoria (1548-1611)
- Lord's Prayer — sung in Latin Gregorian chant
- Final Blessing & Dismissal
- Marian Antiphon: Regina cæli — Gregorian chant
- Postlude: Improvisation on Regina cæli by Peter Latona
The Choir of the Basilica:
- Meghan Whittier, Dawn Frederick, Jane Elkin, Abigail Lennon, Danielle Kerlin, Danielle Good – sopranos
- Melissa Kornacki, Callista Ginrich, Katherine Motsuk, Patricia George-Hauser, Dan Ebeling, Marjorie Bunday, Eleanor Nemeth – altos
- Charles Downey, Jerry Kavinski, John Stephen Murray, Michael Maliakel, Edward Kerrick – tenors
- Louis Reichwein, Alec David, William Golden, Mark Owens, Clint Nesmith, David Smedberg, Joshua Hong, Michael McCarthy – basses
Dr. Peter Latona, Director of Music
Recorded April 16, 2008.
Order #: 9026