Format: Book (220 pages)
The content of our Musical Musings articles is immense — which is why CNP pages come up near the top of liturgical and sacred music online searches.
Perhaps the most popular feature of this collection of essays are the Feedback Articles, where you the readers and customers send us questions, which we answer in a light-hearted, yet practical and informative manner, always maintaining the anonymity of the questioner with facetious "pen names."
Helping to collect some of these articles in print form, editor Adam Taylor has taken the insight of CNP co-founder Gary Penkala, and sandwiched it between two covers.
You can now sit on the porch or beach, with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and enjoy the wit and wisdom of these "Dear Abby-style" questions and answers, collected over many years.
While the original online responses date back several decades, all the references and texts in the printed version have been updated to reflect the new GIRM and Roman Missal.
Adam Taylor divides the book into three parts:
- Caught Red-Handed: Following the Rubrics
- A Time for Everything: The Liturgical Year and Other Occasions
- Practice Made Perfect: Using Music within the Parish
You'll find a multitude of topics discussed, many drawn from personal experiences of those submitting questions.
- Closing Song? submitted by Singing the Coda
- Lectionary Cycle submitted by Truly Years
- Bad Wedding Marches, or, "Is the Groom Really a Jackass?" submitted by Wedding Organist
- Applause? submitted by A. Hand Out
- Polka Mass? submitted by Polka-Haunt-Us
In the 57 articles reprinted in this book you'll find clear explanations of rubrics, practical advise for choirs and organists, useful ideas for priests and liturgists, and some very enjoyable and amusing reading.
Grab one for your bookshelf — and one for that musician friend!
Order #: 9300