Use: General, Easter
Required Resources: organ
Donna Robertson, of Asheville, North Carolina, has written fresh, new accompaniments for seven well-known hymn tunes:
- Coronation — Introduction & 1 verse
- Italian Hymn — Introduction & 1 verse
- Lasst uns erfreuen — Introduction & 1 verse
- Llanfair — Introduction & 3 verses
- Lobe den Herren — Introduction & 2 verses
- Saint Anne — Introduction & 5 verses
- Slane — Introduction & 1 verse
These new accompaniments provide an invigorating, creative boost to certain verses of a hymn; some of these may be useful as postludes as well.
Another creative idea would be to use these accompaniments as the basis for an easy choral anthem, particularly for those Sundays when limited practice is possible.
Order #: 6201
- Hymns and Carols
- Ordinary Time